Monday, February 22, 2010

shortneasy

The swim program was complicated this morning. It took a while to figure out, but I think I did what I was supposed to do. The swim from the hips thing was weird, and very choppy. Other than that, it was 45 minutes of goodness. This is a rest week after all. Did another 15 minutes of stretches at the end of the pool because I couldn't bear to get out of the water.

Walked 10 minutes, then ran easy 40, and walked another 10. My legs felt great for the first 29 minutes then I started to get the knee pain again. Well, not really pain, particularly, more like a sharp ache just on the outside of my left knee. It came and went several times. I played with my stride a bit but that didn't seem to have much of an effect. It might be IT band stuff, Susi sent me a bunch of links to look at. So far I'm stretching that a bit more, rollering, and icing. I'll keep an eye on it.

6 comments:

  1. sounds a lot like ITB. go and see an oesteopath, he will have you realigned and fixed in 1-2 visits! they are miracle workers! I promise, I was the biggest skeptic but now I am the converted! Hope it gets better soon! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.C.E. And some Ibuprofen to help with the inflammation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT. That was my first guess. Only because I've dealt with it on both sides. Deep tissue massage helps too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop playing with your stride, buddy. That shit'll make you go blind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop playing with your stride, buddy. That shit'll make you go blind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop playing with your stride, buddy. That shit'll make you go blind.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!