Thursday, January 7, 2010

Post-breakfast and coffee this time

Today I tried breakfast first, then dropped Linda off at work, then core. Well, to be truthful, there was another cup of coffee inserted between getting home and doing the core. There was the lure of reading blogs. Darn you all for having such compelling content!

Still, I had an appointment downtown for 9:15 and I had to hustle to get through 30 minutes of core, shower, and drive there. Core was all good. For the first time ever, I manage to lift the top leg while doing side plank! Twice even! I'm not hearing much applause, so I guess you're not impressed, but I'm thrilled!

Blood donation went quick as always. The actual draining is the fastest part of the whole process. They said this was the 41st time for me, so I guess I'm getting used to it. One of the blogs I follow mentioned her blood as being A+, and therefore perfect. She has perfect blood she says. Well, mine's almost perfect. A neg.

The bike was a very sweaty 90 minute ride. At one point I had pools of sweat sloshing back and forth on my glasses. That's just a bit distracting, if you haven't had that experience. Plus it makes looking at the bike computer or stopwatch just a bit tricky.

We went out to Route 40 Soup Company in Turner Valley for our anniversary dinner. mmmmmm. I'm ready to waddle off to bed. It was so yummy. Anybody living near Calgary should eat there at least once. Check their web site or phone for hours. Yes, it's worth it.

5 comments:

  1. That is much better, coffee first!
    Wow 41 times!! Good on you!!!! I have donated blood twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, coffee is good x2!!!

    I thought you were off coffee Julie???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely back on again. :) I go off it 5 days before a race and then race day I have a cup. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. clap clap clap!!!!

    I am back on the coffee too. Full caffeine goodness. Life is better caffeinated!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!