Today is a low key day. Walking and some yoga. Slept in.
I was tagged by Amy.
The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag 3 other people to do the same
1. What are your current obsessions?
Really good chocolate (see later.) Japanese chef's knives from Knifewear. I like looking, and if I can afford it, buying stuff that is absolutely the best in the world. And these two are just across the street from each other. An iPhone. Garmin 310XT. (Waterproof!)
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often?
3. Last thing you bought for yourself?
I don't buy much, so I can't remember. I think a new bike helmet to replace the one I trashed last fall.
4. What’s for dinner?
Maybe left over lamb roast and fresh veggies, with wine. Linda is getting off work early today, so we might go out. Turned out to be Sushi.
5. Say something to the person who tagged you:
I found your blog through Jenna. I keep coming back because you're honest and funny about the struggles you have balancing a real life (including wine and chocolate and pizza and fun) with the workout stuff and somehow making it work.
6. What is your motivation for continuing to work out? No, your REAL motivation. (my new question, to replace the one I didn't have an answer for.)
Getting rid of the spare tire. Feeling better about myself. Not look bad in front of fellow blogees because I weenied out on a workout when I didn't need to.
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die?
Venice again. Australia, New Zealand, Iceland.
8. What is your most immediate short term goal:
Get a real job. Make my recent workout improvements the new normal.
9. What are you reading right now?
Just finished Gusher of Lies by Robert Bryce. Not sure what's next.
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed?
In the theatre, Wall-E. At home, a dreadful direct to DVD called Nautilus. (We like a good bad movie.)
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I have no guilt about my pleasures. Wine. Chocolate, the good stuff. There's a new place in town that makes their own chocolate. Not chocolates, they make their own chocolate mixes, and then make stuff from that. Their hot chocolate is only marginally not quite as good as the 'better than sex' hot chocolate we had at the World Slow Food thing in Italy. I'm getting better at not eating the whole pizza.
12. What’s your favorite smell?
Chocolate chip cookies baking.
13. Whats something you look forward to?
14. Favorite Quote?
If it was easy, everybody would want to do it, and then it wouldn't be fun anymore.
16. Whats one thing you can't go a day with out doing?
Reading blogs. I have become well and truly hooked. I read the blog, then come back to read the comments, and to check and see if there are new comments. Then I'll follow commenters back to their blog.
17. What do you have an addiction to?
No addictions, though this fitness thing is nearly there.
18. Whats your favorite holiday?
Don't have one. They're just excuses for Hallmark to sell more paper, and people to buy each other more junk.
19. How many pairs of shoes (not just running) do you have??
Hmmm. (Now I'm curious, goes away to count.) Shoes = things to put on feet for some reason or another, not including socks. 12. Which I think is an all time high. I went years with just 2.
20. Tell us one random thing about you.
Would you believe I was a driver before I had pizza? True.
21. Why did you start your blog?
I started the blog when I started this tri stuff. My thought was that it would be an ongoing story of workout progress. When I was feeling blue about a workout, I could go back and read about the first time I did what I was feeling blue about. Then it expanded.
Tag three more:
Why them? To encourage them to post, and learn more about some neat people.