Monday, April 6, 2009

bailed on swim, easy run

I had really poor sleep last night. After dropping Linda off at work, I went back home to bed. I had been thinking of the pool, but was coughing more than yesterday.

Did a short zone 2 run about lunchtime, with two strides in there after warming up. I never really got my heart rate back down into zone two again, at least not solidly enough to do another stride. So I didn't. Did some yoga and stretching and calf massage after the run.

Hoping for better sleep tonight. I'm seriously tempted to buy some Nyquil.

Oh, and just as I was writing this up, four deer came up from Fish Creek and were nibbling at the remains of our garden in the front yard. Managed to get a photo of one, but the others slipped around the side of the house and headed back into the cul de sac behind us.

3 comments:

  1. Nyquil out of the bottle, just chug it, it'll help! ...not the WHOLE thing just most of it;) Feel better soon, underwater with congestion like that blows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was using SleepAid for a bit. I only needed half the pill to help me sleep and I didn't feel bad in the morning. Trouble is I was starting to take one every single night....so have tried to figure the sleep thing out with out the pills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried Nyquil and I believe Nytol...both, I found, are brutally tought to wake up to. Right now I have cut my coffee consumption to just a mug in the AMs and that seemed to have helped a bit. I might have to try SleepAid somethime...thx for the recommendation Kelly.

    Keith, we should round up some peeps for sushi next week...

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!