Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ugg.

Swam too much to call it a rest day, but I'm not going to dignify it by adding it to my workout totals. I didn't feel bad or tired or anything going into the pool, but in less than a length, I knew it wasn't going to be good.

I got through 250 m struggling to do it in 5 minutes. I was nearly out of breath. I could see that trying to continue that was going to be futile so I started some 50 m intervals. I can't see the pace clock, so I powered up and down the pool and looked at my watch. And I didn't believe the results. So I started my stopwatch, and pushed a little harder. Can you believe 49 seconds for what was a nearly all out effort????? I actually checked my pants to see if someone had fastened a parachute when I wasn't looking. I did a couple more just to see if the first couple were a fluke, and I got slower. It felt like I was swimming through warm yogurt. I did a couple more laps to cool down, then went over to the dive tank for about a half an hour of core and flexibility. Even that was tough going compared to Monday.

So I don't know what happened. I'm not upset. I guess puzzled more than anything, and more than willing to mark it off as a bad workout day. Even now I don't feel tired or weak. I guess it's one of those things that can be expected to happen from time to time!

5 comments:

  1. I had a similiar experience as well this AM in the pool. Its a conspiracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it is the calm before the storm ....or in this case a breakthough. Just watch, I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jenna -- you are ripe for a breakthrough. (And not from the warm yogurt!!) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a similar experience yesterday in the pool hitting the re-taste it zone. I've never hit the re-taste it zone. Something good is coming...just wait! And if something worse comes along...just wait...something even better will be coming!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...