Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tues part 1

The IGP called for 50-60 minutes 7/1. I wasn't looking forward to the complicated math that entails, but carried on.
3 minutes brisk walking, then into it.
stuff*
3 minutes cool down.

*Explanation of stuff is somewhat difficult. I thought I was keeping track and running 7 and walking 1, but when I got to the end, it didn't come out where expected. In any case, I ran for about 7 minutes most of the time, and walked 1 most of the time, and somehow it added up to 54 minutes. So I either ran too long, or not long enough, or something. I was trying to keep my heart rate in zone 2, and the average over the hour was 120, but I peaked at 135, and spent a lot of time at the mid-120's. My watch says I burned 908 calories. Is that possible?

Overall it felt pretty good, mostly a steady stride and nothing hurt.

4 comments:

  1. I sometimes screw up on my bike sets -- I'll even take the time, and write out the whole workout on a piece of paper. But still, somehow, there are days where I forget basic math! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that today...was supposed to do 12 min at my steady state hr...with 5 min easy run in between...do ya think I could add these together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope.
    i can't do math and move at the same time either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. math and running do not go hand in hand!! great workout regardless

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...