Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shite spin session

I did wimp out and go to the Talisman Centre to run indoors. $11 for one time adult admission!!! Eek! Won't be doing that too often. But it is a nice facility. The run went fine, aside from forgetting how my stop watch works, and buggering up my time near the beginning. So I warmed up for a short while, ran for a while, then got stopwatch going again and settled into 4 min run, 2 min walk, done 5 times, and a short-ish cool down session. I've not a clue in the world how far I went. It felt ok.

Running on a track is sure boring. Well, for brief seconds it wasn't, but we won't get into that.

Weather and traffic here is horrible today, so I got the spin plan for tonight and decided to ride it at home. So much for good intentions. I got on the bike and felt comfortable enough, but could not maintain a cadence at all. Any cadence, any gear. Normally I settle down and can maintain 85 and not even look at the computer. Tonight I'd check, thinking I was ok, and it would be 80, or 90, or something. And certainly not steady. Then I was looking at my heart rate monitor, and noticing I was breathing WAY harder than usual for a given heartrate. Then I noticed I was back to pedalling up and down rather than around and around, and the more I tried to fix it, the worse it got. Then I noticed my bike making a funny noise. It's done that before, every once in a while and I didn't worry about it. Tonight I couldn't stop worrying about it, and was trying to figure out what it was. Of course that made the cadence issue even worse. I got through the one legged drill ok, but bailed out shortly after. I need to practice doing better to get better; practicing doing worse isn't going to do me any good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!